Our Great Day("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, as a website holder or guest, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting http://ourgreatday.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Balloons for all Occasions, Oswestry.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site https://ourgreatday.co.uk or any of its wedding page subdomains (“Our Sites”) or by corresponding with us by email. This includes information you provide as a website holder or guest:
- when you register to use Our Sites;
- subscribe to our service;
- communicate with each other (such as invitations, RSVPs, updates to guests,);
- report a problem with Our Sites; and
- and other activities which can be carried out on Our Sites.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photographs.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to Our Sites we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time); information you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
(a) Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or make use of e-billing services.
(b) Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from your decision to use Our Sites and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that will compliment your use of Our Sites and assist you with the planning of and arrangements in respect of your wedding;
- to notify you about changes to our service or our terms and conditions; and
- to ensure that content from Our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer Our Sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve Our Sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected relevant third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and other service providers (such as mapping and location services), if required for the performance of the services we provide to you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Our Great Day or its ultimate holding company Balloon for all Occasions or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and affiliates such as hotels and restaurants. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.